Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

It feels so good to know I’m not alone in using the song birds….I mean wrong words. Looking back, I bet that was my first real symptom of this mess, starting about four years ago. It’s so embarrassing, especially when it’s work related.

Same for memory loss. I can tell you everything that happened 40 years ago today, but I can’t remember what I did last week. Thank goodness for my datebook and lists. I actually post where I’m going on a piece of paper on my dashboard. Does Graves’ lead to Alzheimer’s??

My family just accepts my word/memory problems as being eccentric. Crazy, but lovable, old mom. Still, it’s a reputation I’d rather not have.

Anyone tried Ginkolba for memory??

Anonymous

Looking back, I also think that speech was probably the first place my Graves’ reared its ugly head. I was tripping over words and causing alot of good laughs around my house. Then it moved beyond mixing up words to stuttering…. I am SO glad to be on this side looking behind me at those symptoms. Memory still isn’t wonderful, but it’s not terrible either (well, I don’t remember having a problem with it lately)!

Anonymous

I’ve noticed some speech problems lately. Probably related to lack of sleep the last two weeks (averaging 5 hours per night; normal 6.5 hours). Anyway, I’m going to the endo tomorrow and telling her to “nuke” me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.